Have You Considered BlueMuda?
Presenters: Dr. Tom Samples, Univ. of Tennessee & Tom Nielsen, Louisville Bats
Overview: This presentation will provide a thorough overview of the chemical and cultural management implications of managing BlueMuda on sports fields. Attendees will be asked the following questions and provided research-based answers to each query.
- Are Kentucky bluegrasses and bermudagrasses compatible?
- Won’t one species dominate the other?
- Is the turf as uniform and as high in overall quality in the summer as it is in spring and fall?
- What rate, time and method of inter-seeding works best to minimize weed infestations?
- Foliar feed or granular, extended-release nitrogen; how does this affect disease and weed infestations requiring chemical control?
- Are plant growth regulators and wetting agents helpful in management?
- Disease, insect and weed control concerns: what are the best options for controlling pests in BlueMuda fields?